Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Thursday, July 15, 2010

EightyOne.

Decisions...

You can wake up in the morning and decide to be happy and make the most of your day, or you can wake up and decide to be a miserable bitch. It's your call. I promise you though, things will be a lot harder if you decide to be miserable.

Things don't always go your way, and they never will. You win some and you lose some. It's called life, maybe you've heard of it?

I feel like lately things keep piling up in front of me and it's only a matter of time before everything comes tumbling down. And of course, with papers flying all over the place, I'll become overwhelmed... but I digress.

Instead of letting things get me down, or letting things make me feel like I'm losing control, I've decided to organize my life and everything in it. I can't let the possibility of heart surgery keep me down when it's not set in stone. And even if it should happen, I wasn't worried the first time, so why waste time now? Whatever is going to happen, is going to happen, whether I think too much or too little about it.

So when you ask me if I'm nervous, I'm going to say no. I'm not going to let myself get hung up on something that may or may not happen. There are too many good things going on that I'd be missing out on if I spent my time agonizing over things that are inevitable or mere possibilities.

(I don't know about you, but I'd rather spend my time thinking about more important things... like Aruba ;) )

... and after all, this is just one more at bat.
I've had plenty of curve balls thrown at me in my life.
There's no reason I can't hit this one out of the park too.

No comments:

Post a Comment