Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

EightySix.

I don't like to get political, but...

So, I know I've been out of the loop for a few days, so let me get this right. Instead of people getting ready for the anniversary of 9/11, people are putting down and protesting against a Mosque/community center near the site? Did they all forget that there's one already there that has been there for 20 or so years? Or that over 400 Muslims also died in 9/11? Or that Muslims have a place to pray less than 80 feet from the Pentagon's 9/11 memorial site?

People forget that Americans weren't the only ones who died on 9/11. It was a world wide tragedy. Everyone felt it in some way. It's not fair to punish an entire religion for the actions of some.

(The Westboro Baptist Church is a bunch or ignorant uneducated people, but we don't discriminate against all Baptists, do we? I know that what they do isn't as extreme as what happened on 9/11, but I'm just making a point.)

The military is over there fighting for the freedom of everyone in this country. Everyone. And in a country that prides itself on equality... this doesn't seem very fair to me.

I'm just sayin'. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and this is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment