Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

EightyFour.

Everyone takes something for granted...

You're probably thinking to yourself right now 'not me', but think about it.

Maybe it's having a car, or a job, or someone who takes care of you. Or maybe it's the ability to see the world in all of it's many different colors, or seeing a sunrise, or a shooting star. Or maybe it's the ability to hear music, or laughter, or simply hearing someone say 'I love you'.

Sometimes you forget how lucky you are to have all of the small things that make up your life. You don't realize how wonderful they are because you've never been without them. You should take a moment every now and again and think about all of the amazing things you have in your life. After all, they could all be gone in an instant.

Real success comes in small portions day by day.
You need to take pleasure in life's daily little treasures.
It is the most important thing in measuring success."
- Denis Waitley

Too many people are too busy worrying about what's going wrong that they overlook the things that are going right, no matter how few and far between they may be.

I'm twenty-four years old and tomorrow morning I'm meeting with a surgeon to schedule my second heart surgery.
I feel like for someone my age, I've been through a lot and lived more than 24 years worth of life. It's exhausting but I try not to get upset. And when I do, I don't show it.

I know that nothing lasts forever and eventually things have to take a turn for the better. Sometimes you have to deal with things even if you're not ready. You have to suffer to find out how strong you are. Life is made up of quizzes and whether you pass or fail the test of life is solely up to you. Just remember that when you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up.

"If you always keep your head towards the sun, the shadows will always fall behind you." <3

No comments:

Post a Comment