Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Saturday, January 8, 2011

NinetySix.

Born-Again Christianity.

I'm not going to pretend that I understand it... because I don't. I don't know what it's like, or what the church is like, or what they pray for.


Here is what I do know, after looking around a bit and asking questions:

1) Most people become Born-Agains because they've done something horrible in their life, and need to be 'saved'.

2) They are not unlike a cult. Once someone become a Born-Again, they spend all of their time either at church or doing other activities with other Born-Agains.

3) You cannot have a rational, inteligent conversation with them because all they do is preach. And no matter how hard you try, you're wrong.

4) They're lacking in the sense of humor department. Anything that is remotely 'unholy' is frowned upon and offensive.

5) They're very judgemental.

What I don't understand is that if you did do horrible things, and then you were 'saved', why would you so harshly judge another person? What makes you better than anyone else? Who are you that you think you're above anyone else? In my entire life, I've never done anything so horrible that I'd have to be 'saved'. I've always been a good person. I didn't have to be 'saved' to change my old ways. That in itself makes me a better person.


The other thing I don't think I'll ever understand is... if you were 'saved' to become a better person, why have you instead only become worse?


“Born again?! No, I'm not. Excuse me for getting it right the first time.” Dennis Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment