Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Friday, January 22, 2010

FortyThree.

Stupid.

We all do stupid things at some point in our lives. Some people do them more than others, but that's not the point right now. No matter how careful you are, how safe you play the game, how many times you go over the steps in your head, eventually you're going to mess up.

Truth be told, it's not that big of a deal... as long as you get back up and dust yourself off. As long as you give it another try, who cares? Sure, people will probably judge you, but that's all the more reason to get up and prove them wrong. If you stay down, then you're just proving them right.

And trust me, it's not the end of the world. It may seem like it at the moment, but be realistic. Do you know anyone who's died from embarrassment or a broken heart?

I didn't think so.

Mistakes.

Well, we all know I've made my fair share. And look at me? I'm not laying on the ground feeling bad for myself. I know that if I do that, then everyone else is right. And I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm too stubborn to let someone ever tell me "I told you so."

Currently, I'm finding myself getting attached to the wrong person. Stupid, I know. Mistakes are stupid, and when you look back at them they were totally avoidable. The thing is, you never realize that until it's too late. So what's the point of reliving what you could have done over and over again until it makes you crazy?

You can't live in a world of what if's. What if this, and what if that. What if? Well does it really matter because you are where you are and you can't just climb in your time machine and relive that moment again and again and change different details until it fits the perfect 'what if' situation.

The problem here is everyone needs to get with it and live in the now because if you keep thinking about the past you're going to miss the future.

It's OK to mess up once in a while. It gives you a chance to learn and a chance to get back on track. Who doesn't need a wake-up call every once in a while?

"If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down." -Mary Pickford.

No comments:

Post a Comment