Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

FortyTwo.

Goodbyes.

Goodbyes make up a good part of your life. Some hurt more than others. Some hurt so bad you don't know what you're going to do with yourself, or how you'll go on from that very moment when you were hit hard with a low blow and all the air was knocked out of your lungs so you couldn't breathe. Some are welcomed, almost a relief. And then some just happen, because you really don't have any other choice.

I've had my fair share of goodbyes, who hasn't? And yes, a few of them broke my heart so badly that I left some pieces behind, but I'm still breathing.

I realized not too long ago that pain is temporary. Sure, I've heard that saying before. "Pain is temporary." "Pain is weakness leaving the body." I spent a whole five years of my life almost attached to the military so I've heard it all, but a couple of years ago I actually grasped the meaning of it. No matter how bad something is or how painful something may be, it wont last forever. I know that at times things seem like they'll never get better and there's just no end in sight, but even though you might not be able to see it, you're already half way there.

The thing about goodbyes is that they keep coming. They're relentless. Some hit harder than others just like any other opponent. You just have to figure out how to handle them. It's easier to turn a goodbye into a new beginning than it is to turn it into something you dwell on forever.

You can't be afraid of a new hello because of the pain from an old goodbye.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss =)

No comments:

Post a Comment