Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Sunday, January 3, 2010

FortyOne.

People.

I was just looking through old pictures I found and I laughed to myself for hours. I may have hated North Carolina with a passion but I did have a lot of good times there. Had I never moved there I would have missed out on having a lot of great memories with people I'll never forget. (i.e., Wilmington, Barney's.)

You meet so many people in your life time. Some are just people you meet once in passing, some are aquaintances. Then there are some that from the very moment you meet them, you know they belong in your life. And each and every one of them changes you, be it a slight change or a drastic change.

The funny thing about meeting so many people is sometimes you don't know how much they mean to you until you're apart. That whole 'You don't know what you've got til it's gone' thing is true. Sure, I loved my friends while I was in NC, but now that we're scattered across the US, I miss them terribly. I miss the late nights, random road trips, everything. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends here but it's not the same. I was a different person in North Carolina, and I owe that change to them. They made me stronger, and made me realize I deserved to be happy. If it wasn't for one of them in particular, I might still be miserable living a life I hated.

So all in all, it may have been one thing that brought us together, but it's a dozen things that keep us connected. And even though many of us have broken free from what brought us together in the first place, we still remain linked by the bonds we've made over time, wounds, loves, success and failures. And I wouldn't hesitate to get on a plane and run to any of them if they needed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment