Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fifty.

So...

In the last week a handful of people have told me that I have either changed their life, or made it better in some way, shape, or form. It's a good feeling, flattering. I had no idea that I impacted anyone's life, let alone several.

Also this week, I've been touched by someone else's act of kindness. There's a group on Facebook called Tell Her She's Beautiful. A high school boy created the group to prove to one girl that she's beautiful, and it just kind of took off. His main goal is to spread the love, even if it's just one person at a time. Now he has more than one million followers.

He's inspired me to inspire you.

If everyone just took one minute out of their day to give someone a compliment, or do someone a favor, or just be there to listen... if people really did pay it forward... imagine what we'd be able to accomplish. Sure it seems impossible, and yes there will always be hate in the world no matter how much peace you try to spread, but in order for anything to happen it has to start with you.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and preach to you about all of the things that will make you a better person because I'm in no position to do so, and if you want to be a better person you'll do it on your own. All I'm asking you to do is pay it forward. I know you've all heard that phrase before, and many of you have even seen the movie. The only thing left is to actually do it. If you think about it, when you're down wouldn't you want someone around trying to pick you up?

The last thing I want to say here is that you should always follow your dreams. I'm sure you've heard that before too, and brushed it off. I know I did, and I regret it on a regular basis. If I had just listened, I'd be in a very different place right now. Thankfully my life is still amazing and I have amazing people in it, but I will always have the 'what if' in the back of my mind, and it will bother me for a long time. Just remember there is no dream too big, and you shouldn't ever let anything stand in your way. No matter what obstacles you might have to face, if you want it bad enough, it'll happen.



Now, it's your turn.
Remind someone that they're beautiful today.


No comments:

Post a Comment