Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

FortyNine.

Opinions.

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one, and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

True. Very true.

However...

Having an opinion isn't bad. It's not wrong or something you should ever be ashamed of. What you should be ashamed of is disrespecting other people and the opinions that they have. Especially if you don't know the person, how do you know there isn't a good explanation on why they feel the way that they feel?

Exactly. You don't.

I guess it's easier to judge someone when you don't have all of the facts.

And I guess when you're still so young it's easier to jump to conclusions and lash out than it is to be civilized and have a conversation. I don't know about anyone else, but when someone has a problem with me, I'd rather them come directly to me instead of blowing it way out of proportion.

You know what they say about assuming things, don't you?

But then again, who am I? I'm passed the juvenile stage in my life where I think I know everything about everything so clearly, I'm just a girl with a blog.

And I just want to throw this out there on a side note;
I was practically married to the military for five years, and some of my best friends are still enlisted. For someone to sit there and tell me I don't understand the military life, or appreciate what they do for us, completely disgusts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment