Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Five.

Throw Back, Circa 2007

In less then 24 hours 2007 will be gone.

Life has a way of sneaking up on you. I don't know what happened but I'm 21 years old now. I feel like yesterday I was writing a list for Santa Clause and now I'm writing checks to pay my bills. Where did all that time go? I remember high school and the second I walked in there I wanted out. The last time I walked out I wanted to turn around and run back in.. I wish I could grow young instead of growing old. That way instead of saying "If I only knew then what I know now" you would know. Impossible, I realize, but a good idea. I feel like no matter how many things I do, and how many things I see, I'm still missing out. Life is speeding by so fast I don't know what to do. I don't want to miss anything but at this rate there's just no way I'll be able to catch it all.

What I've learned this year is that life is unfair sometimes. Distances can get too great, and emotions can run wild and even though you don't understand what's going on, something is happening and you just have to hold on tight and ride it out until you can get everything under control.

Also, people come and go throughout your whole life. You can't really dwell on those who walk out; instead you should anxiously await someone else's arrival. More importantly, if they ever did walk out, they shouldn't have been allowed in, in the first place. Everyone you meet, you meet for a reason, whether its just to make you smile for a day, or to teach you a lesson. You don't meet people by coincidence. You meet them because you're meant to meet them. And those who are only in it for a short time should be nothing more then a cherished memory.

Anyway.
I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year<3

No comments:

Post a Comment