Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sixteen.

Throw Back, Circa 2008

Pain.
"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

If that's the case, well I must be getting stronger every single day.

Wounds need to heal. They need to be given a chance to close up before you rip into them again. You can’t keep digging deeper because eventually you’ll hit rock and you’ll just have to hang up your hard hat and find another spot to excavate.

You can’t keep coming to me, throwing the same thing in my face, and expect me to react the same way each time. People have breaking points, and I’ve clearly reached mine.

It’s sad, what happened, but I'm moving on. I can’t keep caring about people who don’t care about me. That’s a two way street I traveled alone for a long time, and now that I’m grown up, I’m taking a detour.

So this is me, I’m letting go. I’m going to move on with my life and this time, I’m not looking back. There’s just no room in my life to dwell on people who have clearly given up

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take it's place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."-Lance Armstrong

Chapter Ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment