Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

ThirtySix.

(August 28, 2009)

Hurt.

It doesn't take much to get hurt. We're not superheros. We're not invincible. Our skin is only so thick and we can only take so much.

Sticks and stones will break our bones, but words will crush the soul.

I've noticed a lot of the people around me who I care about are suffering. Some mentally, some physically, some emotionally. I want to help, but at the same time it's not my business to pry. If they want to tell me, they will. Until then I'll wait patiently to lend an ear, and arm, or a shoulder. It hurts to be helpless, even though I know that doesn't compare to the hurt I can see in their eyes.

Hurt.

Hurt can take a lifetime to heal. You don't realize it at first sometimes, but your actions can haunt you. I guess it's the same as a regret. You'll always wish you didn't do something, or maybe you wish you did. Ninety percent of regrets are about things you didn't do. Which is worse? Regretting
doing it or regretting not knowing what it was like?

Hurt.

Everyone is dealing with something. Some show it, some don't. Some talk about it, some wont.

"Be kinder the necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

No comments:

Post a Comment