Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

TwentyThree.

(May 10, 2009)

We all have experiences. Good experiences, bad experiences, sad experiences, happy experiences. Experiences you'll never forget and ones you wish you could. They shape our lives, and they make us who we are. They teach us lessons, and sometimes we have to learn the hard way. We all make mistakes, and sometimes it takes a mistake to make us realize we were wrong. Sometimes we don't listen to the people around us who clearly see that we're messing up. And sometimes we have to get burned before we learn not to touch the hot stove.
And we all take chances. Sometimes they end badly, but sometimes we surprise ourselves. It's better to take a chance and risk it all than to live your life wondering what would have happened. That will eat you alive.

I've been thinking a lot lately and I'm not sure exactly how I ended up being where I am right now, but when I look at my life as a whole I'm happy with it. I do have regrets, but who doesn't? There are only a few of them an they're not that terrible. And trust me, I've made more than my fair share of mistakes in life. None of that matters now though, because I'm happy. The last three years I was miserable and I had no idea. I thought I was happy and I thought I was where I wanted to be, and after telling myself that for so long I started believing it. Now, here I am, in a new place, surrounded by different people (yet still the same =) ) and I'm happy every day. Sure things come at me that I'm not thrilled with, and I have the worst luck out of everyone you'll ever meet, but I like to think that makes me unique. And when I look back on all of the ridiculously random things that happen to me, I can't help but laugh and I'm glad my life is what it is. If it wasn't, it'd be boring, I'd be boring, and that would be lame. I don't go a single day without laughing, even if it's at myself, which isn't hard to do. I know full well that I'm a mess, and I love every second of it. I'm not worried about the future anymore because I'm wrapped up in the present. I know that everything happens for a reason and every single experience and person you meet leads you to exactly where you need to be in life.

Life is a journey, I don't know about you, but I'm ready for this ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment