Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Twenty.

Throw Back, Circa Early 2009

So,
Today I went to work. Awesome.
The first patient of the day was someone who used to stalk my life. Awkward. I walked into the room to do a test and just stood there with my mouth open. After a few minutes of thinking of something good to say, I decided to just walk out of the room... only to turn around after I bumped into the doctor. Longest five minutes of my life. And I felt naked.

Later on that day, I went to do an EKG. I knock, the man says to come in, and he's naked. Who gets naked for an EKG? It's mostly a chest thing, with no need to expose your genitals. Before I fell into a laughing fit, I asked him to put his pants back on and then had to excuse myself.
I definitely snorted.

At the end of the day, the doctor asked me to call the lab to add a few tests onto someone's blood work that was taken the previous day. I got some lady named Barbara on the phone and told her all the info, and then she asked me for my name. I told her Amanda. Then she asked for the first letter of my last name. I said B. And then she proceeded to tell me B was for Beautiful, and asked me if I was interested in women. I said no, and she told me she could change my mind.
I'm hoping she was just bored and trying to pull a prank... if not, I'm really uncomfortable.

And lastly, throughout the day I have to pull charts and check off sheets, and sign papers and write notes, so pens happen to collect in my pockets. When I was going to leave, a bunch fell out and now the lady at the front desk thinks I'm a pen thief.

To an extent that is true, when we get the cool ones I do take one. But only one... and I really don't have a reason...

I hope your day was better than mine =)

No comments:

Post a Comment