Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Saturday, December 19, 2009

ThirtyEight.

Why do people cheat?

Is it because they're unhappy? Is it because they're unsatisfied? Do they do it for the thrill of getting away with it? I don't understand. I don't understand how you can go behind someones back, who you claim to love so much, and hurt them like that. It's not just a passing pain. It lingers. For a long time. You can forgive, but you never ever forget. Ever. You see it every time you look at that person. Sure it hurts less and less, so does any wound you keep rubbing, because it becomes numb. But you never forget it happened.
And how do you continue to stay with someone who continues to cheat on you? I can be sympathetic the first time it happens to you, and I can understand trying to work things out and giving it one more shot, but if you keep taking that person back after they continue to rip your heart out just as it starts to heal... I don't want to hear about it. At that point you're doing it to yourself and the other person knows they can get away with it without you leaving.
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.


"I've made mistakes in my life, I've let people take advantage of me, and I've accepted way less than I deserve. But I've learned a lot from my choices and even though there are some things I can never get back, and people who will never be sorry, I'll know better next time and I won't settle for anything less than I deserve."

It's never too late to write a new ending to your story, no matter how bad the beginning may have been.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment