Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Nineteen.

Throw Back, Circa Early 2009

Have you ever turned around and realized everything is completely different? Day by day things seem to be the at a constant, but when you look at your life year by year, you've done a one-eighty. It's like one of the finger gauges at the jewelers. Ring to ring it's pretty much the same, but from beginning to end its totally changed.
Lately I'm realizing how different things are from even a few months ago. I didn't see the change as it was happening but I see it now. My friends have changed, my hobbies, my interests. Everything.
I even took something for granted without realizing it. I never realized how much I wanted it, until someone else had it. Now it's pretty much out of my life, because at this point it just hurts too much to keep it around. And as much as it kills me to have to do that, I know it's the only way I'll be able to get over it.
The good news is I've finally figured out what to do with my life. I've got direction, so I'm not wandering around anymore.

I guess you have to take the good with the bad and hope that they balance each other out. And even though sometimes things are rough, and sometimes you feel like there's no light at the end of the tunnel, you've just got to smile because you're living.

No comments:

Post a Comment